Phase 3 of the current paving project on Normandy Dr. is underway.
According to the City of Moose Jaw, Crews have completed work from VLA Gate to the corner of Normandy Drive, and paving work has started from the west corner of Normandy Drive, east to 11th Avenue.
The 11th Ave/Normandy Dr. intersection will remain open during this phase of construction.
The project is set to be completed in phases:
- Phase-1: VLA Gate to Corner of Normandy Dr. (Complete)
- Phase-2: Corner of Normandy Dr to 11th Ave NW. (Complete)
- Phase-3: 11th Ave NW.to East Leg of General Cres
- Phase-4: East Leg of General Cres to East Leg of Marshal Cres.
- Phase -5: East Leg of Marshal Cres to 9th Ave NW
These areas will be restricted for traffic while paving occurs.
The project is expected to be completed by 10:00 p.m. Friday, August 18, weather permitting.
Residents/businesses will be required to take alternate routes throughout the work. Recommended alternate accesses are as follows:
- Normandy Dr residents: Use 11th Ave NW or 9th Ave NW or VLA Gate.
- Bingham Rd, Marquis Ave, Admiral/Genera/Marshal Cres residents: Use 11th Ave NW or 9th Ave NW or VLA Gate.
Transit detours are in effect during Phase 3-5 of the project. All bus stops in the VLA neighbourhood will be temporarily out of service, and temporary bus stops will be at 11th Ave NW/Thatcher Dr (North side of Thatcher Dr) and 9th Ave NW/Normandy Dr (right turning lane) to accommodate VLA passengers during this closure.
The city asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.