Moose Jaw City Council is seeking passionate residents who want to sit on their city-led advisory committees and board.
If you are 18 years of age or older, a Canadian citizen and a full-time resident of Moose Jaw you are eligible to apply to sit on a number of the City of Moose Jaw’s committees and boards.
Some of the committees and boards that are looking for members include:
- Community Clean-Up Advisory Committee
- Cultural Diversity Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Parks, Recreation and Facilities Advisory Committee
- Public Art Committee
- Public Works, Infrastructure and Environment Advisory Committee
- Special Needs Advisory Committee
- Moose Jaw Municipal Airport Authority
- Wakamow Valley Authority
- Moose Jaw Public Library Board
- Palliser Regional Library Board
- Development Appeals Board
- Moose Jaw Board of Police Commissioners
As a member, you will provide input and advice to City Council to help shape decisions on important issues that impact the lives of Moose Javians.
Nominees will have been recruited through an inclusive, transparent, and equitable process. The appointments made by City Council will reflect the values of inclusivity, respect and trust and invite participation from community members.
You can apply by going to www.moosejaw.ca and click on “Boards, Committees and Commissions.” The deadline for applications is Monday, Oct. 3.
For more information, contact the Office of the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-694-4426.
Below is testimonials from Public Works, Infrastructure & Environment Advisory Committee chair Todd Johnson and Special Needs Advisory Board chair Mike Bachiu.