On Monday night, Moose Jaw and surrounding areas got hit with yet another blast of winter, causing chaos on area highways from icy and slippery sections, to zero visibility at times, and as a result many highways ended up closing.
As we head into Tuesday morning, as of 5:30 a.m., all highways are open, but the following are listed as travel not recommended:
- Highway 1 east from Moose Jaw to Belle Plaine
- Highway 1 west from Moose Jaw to Mortlach
- Highway 2 north of Moose Jaw to Chamberlain
- Highway 42 from Tuxford to Elbow
- Highway 39 from Moose Jaw to Corinne
- Highways 301 and 202 to Buffalo Pound
All mentioned have icy and slippery sections, loose and swirling snow and drifting snow.
Highway 2 south of Moose Jaw poses winter driving conditions.
You can check the latest road conditions on Discover Moose Jaw roads and cancellations page.