The winning streak ends at eight games for the Moose Jaw WINMAR Warriors, as they dropped a 5-1 decision on Friday night to the Regina Pat Canadians at the Brandt Centre.

Friday’s final regular season game would drop them to 23-17-0-4 on the season and leave with 50 points.

Connor Miller got the lone goal on Friday for Moose Jaw, which came in the second period on the powerplay for his 25th of the season and 13th on the man advantage.

Moose Jaw will now scoreboard watch this weekend to see where they will finish in the league standings. Following Friday’s game, the Warriors are sitting in 6th place, with the Notre Dame Hounds only two points behind Moose Jaw with three games left in the season.

Regina would come out and control the game right off the opening faceoff and were able get to the Warriors early.

Three and a half minutes into the first period, Casey Brown would be sprung on a breakaway, and he would put a backhand upstairs on an outstretched Ryan Bain to take the early 1-0 lead.

Just under five minutes later, Ryan McDonald would find some room down the left wing and ripped it past Bain for the 2-0 lead.

The Pat Canadians would extend their lead 4:21 later, as Koen Senft would get the a centering pass from behind the net and sneak the puck under the arm of Bain for the 3-0 lead.

Two minutes later Steven Steranka would cap-off the four-goal first period for Regina. On the powerplay, Steranka would deflect and point shot from Zayden Sadlemyer to make it 4-0 with 3:04 left in the first period.

Regina would take a commanding 4-0 lead into the first intermission. The Pat Canadians would lead in the shot department 14-6 after one period.

The second period's offense went to the Warriors, as they were able cut into the Regina lead late in the second period.

On a powerplay, Dylan Duzan would win the faceoff back to Ryder Knutson and he would find Connor Miller on the back door for the easy tap in to make it 4-1.

That’s how the second period would end with Moose Jaw still down 4-1. Shots were still in favour of Regina after 40 minutes 25-13.

Though Moose Jaw would push back and have their fair share of chances, they couldn’t beat Pat Canadian’s starter John MacPherson.

The lone goal of third period would be by Regina to ice the game. The Warriors would pull their goalie with over four and half minute’s left, but Steranka would bury it to make the final 5-1.

The final shots on goal were 32-20 for Regina in the 5-1 loss.

The Warriors finished 1-for-5 on the extra man, while going 4-for-5 on the penalty kill on Friday night.

Ryan Bain would make 28 saves in the loss, while MacPherson stopped 19 of 20 shots he faced for his 17th win of the season.

Moose Jaw will have the weekend off to wait and see who they will face in the first round of the playoffs next weekend. One thing that is for certain is the Warriors will start the playoffs on the road.