City councillors were appointed a number of advisory committees and association and third-party boards during city council on Monday night.
14 positions were filled unopposed. The following vacancies were appointed unopposed:
- Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee: Coun. Crystal Froese
- Heritage Advisory Committee: Coun. Crystal Froese
- Parks, Recreation and Facilities Advisory Committee: Coun. Kim Robinson
- Public Works, Infrastructure, and Environment Advisory Committee: Coun. Jamey Logan
- Special Needs Advisory Committee: Coun. Jamey Logan
- Youth Advisory Committee: Mayor Clive Tolley
- Investment Committee: Mayor Clive Tolley
- Moose Jaw Public Library Board: Coun. Heather Eby
- Moose Jaw Museum & Art Gallery: Coun. Doug Blanc
- Community Based Coalition of Moose Jaw: Coun. Heather Eby
- Moose Jaw Exhibition Board: Coun. Doug Blanc
- Tourism Moose Jaw: Coun. Kim Robinson
- Moose Jaw Humane Society: Coun. Jamey Logan
- Wakamow Valley Authority: Coun. Crystal Froese
Four positions needed to be filled on three boards and committees had more nominees than vacancies and had to go to a vote among the councillors.
- Moose Jaw Board of Police Commissioners: Councillors Doug Blanc, Kim Robinson and Dawn Luhning were nominated for two vacant positions. Blanc and Luhning were appointed.
- Downtown Moose Jaw Association: Councillors Dawn Luhning and Kim Robinson were nominated for one vacant position. Luhning was appointed to the board.
- Moose Jaw Cultural Centre: Councillors Dawn Luhning and Crystal Froese were nominated for one vacant position with Froese being appointed to the position.
City councillors are on these boards and committees for a term from Jan. 10 to Dec. 31, 2022.
Mayor Clive Tolley was also appointed to three boards as part of city bylaws and legislation. Tolley will sit on the Moose Jaw Public Library Board, the Moose Jaw Board of Police Commissioners and the Moose Jaw Municipal Airport Authority.