Pack the car with the kids, snacks, and skates because some much anticipated outdoor fun is ready to be had.
Just in time for the weekend, the City of Moose Jaw announced that six outdoor rinks and the oval are ready for the public to enjoy.
Below is a list provided by the City of rinks that residents can utilize:
- Kinfield Outdoor Rink: 100 Block Grandview Street West
- Moose Square Outdoor Rink: 600 Block Stadacona Street West
- Sunningdale Outdoor Rink: Daffodil Drive
- Ross Wells Outdoor Rink (Clark Gillies): Ross Crescent & Oxford Street East
- Henleaze skating pad: 1100 Block Henleaze Ave
- East End Outdoor Rink: 9th Avenue & Ominica Street East
- Wakamow Valley Oval
However, the remaining five rinks that are not included in the above list are still going through the flooding process. This includes the following; Smith Park Outdoor Rink: 1200 Block Hastings Street, West End Outdoor Rink: 10th Avenue & Athabasca Street West, Regal Heights Outdoor Rink: 1400 Block 13th Avenue Northwest, Westheath: Wellington Dr. & Spadina Dr., and Wood Lily: 466 Wood Lily Drive.
The only other location that is still receiving a little TLC is the Crokicurl pad at Elgin Park. According to the City, they're still working on finishing painting and it should be ready next Friday, January 11th.
For more information on the City's outdoor rinks click here to head to their website.