Mark Lewis Anderson was born the middle son of Rolf and Glada Anderson on May 21st, 1949.  He was not interested in sports but found his interests in friends and cars. The 1967 Cutlass Oldsmobile became his favourite.

Mark graduated from Hillcrest High School in Port Arthur, Ontario in 1966, during which he worked part-time at the A & P grocery store.  From there, he started working for TransCanada Pipelines while doing a correspondence course.  This showed his desire to succeed and be a contributor to a large successful company.  Mark went on to earn dual tickets as a journeyman Millwright and an Electrician, basically allowing him to work on anything mechanical or electrical at the TCPL compressor stations.

Mark met Hildegard Widera in March 1970 on a blind date.  He was smitten immediately but Hildegard was not.  Mark did not even talk to her on the date.  Two days later he called her and with his smooth ways, convinced her to go on another date.  That was the beginning of their relationship.  Mark was adored by his future mother-in-law, Ruth.

Mark and Hildegard married on June 24th, 1972, and made their home in Thunder Bay, ON.  They welcomed their first child, Jeffrey Mark, in August 1973.  In 1975, they welcomed their second son, Stephen James, and three years later, they welcomed their daughter, Heidi Ruth. 

In 1982, Mark accepted a transfer by TCPL to Shaunavon, SK and lived there for 16 years with his family.  He desired to do more and started his own business in Shaunavon, MLA Enterprises Ltd. 

In 1990, Mark found a 2-door, 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible for a project car.  He later found another one and restored it completely by 1994.

Mark worked his way up at TCPL and in 1993, he earned The TransCanada Pipelines President’s Award for his extraordinary accomplishments that saved the company a lot of money.  Mark also worked hard and managed the engineers, contractors and staff during the building of a new compressor station at Monchy. It was built ahead of schedule!

In 1997, Mark accepted a transfer to Regina, SK.  He and Hildegard bought their dream house, an A-Frame overlooking Buffalo Pound Lake.  In the spring of 1998, Mark suffered an accident which left him in rough shape and forced him to retire from his work at TCPL.  He spent the next 26 years living at the lake.

Mark’s health was declining and in the early hours of Wednesday, April 24th, 2024, he passed away in his chair of a heart attack.

He was predeceased by his father, Rolf in 1980; mother, Glada in 2003; grandson, Joel Luke in 2017; father-in-law, Walter in 2020; and mother-in-law, Ruth in 2021.  Mark is survived by his wife of almost 52 years, Hildegard; son, Jeffrey (Jennifer), Levi and Naomi; son, Stephen (Nikki), Drew, Ellie, Nate, Mia, Bentley, and Maddex; daughter, Heidi (Darren), Caleb, Joshua, and Khaleesi; and brothers, Russ and Dale.

The Funeral Service will be held on Monday, April 29th, 2024 at 1:00 p.m. in Victory Church, 637 Main St N, Moose Jaw, SK with Pastor Larry Gerow officiating. 

Arrangements are entrusted to Moose Jaw Funeral Home, 268 Mulberry Lane.  Andrew Pratt, Funeral Director 306-693-4550