Local business will pay $19,500 after three employees were sent to hospital with electrical burns while on the job.


A-1 Rentals of Moose Jaw was fined $19,500 in Provincial Court Tuesday for a workplace accident that caused high voltage electrical burns to three workers last year in Moose Jaw.

It happened on the roof of 116 Main Street North about a year ago. You may remember the accident knocked the power out across a wide area of our city. Workers subcontracted from C & S Builders were working on the roof when they suffered their injuries.

A-1 pleaded guilty to two charges under The Occupational Health and Safety Act.