A grain elevator fire occurred on Sunday in Loreburn.
The Loreburn Fire Department, Elbow Volunteer Fire Department, and Davidson Volunteer Fire Department all responded to the blaze.
The Davidson Volunteer Fire Department posted on their Facebook page that calm winds and a favourable direction helped with the situation. “As the grain elevator burned it candled rather than falling over and causing fire spread.”
The Elbow Volunteer Fire Department posted on their Facebook page that they were in the middle of training when they got the call, and that their entire team went. “Being an active business this wood elevator was full of grain, leaving a large pile of smouldering grain and wood.”
The Davidson Volunteer Fire Department’s post said that no one was injured, and the fire was contained to the elevator.