Saskatchewan RCMP’s Moose Jaw Crime Reduction Team (CRT) conducted a traffic stop near Assiniboia as part of an ongoing investigation on January 22 that resulted in a firearm being seized from the vehicle, two search warrants, and an arrest.
The firearm from the initial traffic stop was found to be illegally traded. Two subsequent search warrants were executed – one for a vehicle, and one for a residence in Willow Bunch, and an illegally-possessed loaded firearm and ammunition were reportedly found by officers.
36-year-old Matthew Pacheco of Willow Bunch faces charges including:
- one count, weapons trafficking
- two counts, possession of a firearm knowing possession is unauthorized
- three counts, careless use of a firearm
- one count, possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- two counts, unauthorized possession of a firearm
Pacheco is to make a court appearance on March 14 in Coronach.